Valtournenche municipality, in collaboration with the Strade del Cinema Cultural Association and with the support of the Autonomous Region Valle d’Aosta, organize the 22nd edition of Cervino CineMountain Festival, in Valtournenche and Breuil-Cervinia from August 3th to 11th, 2019.
This Cervino CineMountain Festival aims to enhance and promote cinema, TV and web productions, national and international, documentary and feature, about mountain of the world and it also acknowledges the significance of contemporary trends in those sectors of the movie industry concerned with adventure, exploration, mountain culture and sports.
Entered works (feature films and shorts, fictions, documentaries and animations) must have been completed after January 2016. Eligible films must deal with alpine adventure and exploration, natural environment, ethnography, mountain culture or sports. Films already shown in other festivals are admitted.
Films must be submitted on FILMFREEWAY platform (link: https://filmfreeway.com/festival/CERVINOCINEMOUNTAIN) by June 14th, 2019.
Submitters must provide on FILMFREEWAY (www.filmfreeway.com):
1) the full movie link for streaming and download (films in other language than English or Italian must be subtitled in English and/or Italian)
2) promotional material (synopsis, 4 stills of the film in high resolution, 1 picture of the director in high resolution, director’s biofilmography, director statement and credits).
Film in other language than English or Italian must be subtitled in English and/or Italian
The films selection, which is final and binding, is conducted by the festival direction with the collaboration of a selection committee.
Once submitted a film can’t be withdrawn after the submission deadline (Friday, 14th of June 2019).
Films selected are requested to immediately provide:
1) Digital copy of the film for projection (downloadable or mail / courier) preferably in .mov or .mp4 format (H264 codec, 20000-30000 kbps bitrate, Progressive, Audio AAC or Dolby with preferably 320Kbps bitrate or LPCM Audio). Any other format is permitted only upon consultation;
2) data sheet;
3) director’s biofilmography, 300 types max (for italian films only, italian and english versions are required);
4a) for all non Italian films , a dialogue list or subtitles list (in .srt format) in Italian or English or, if achieved, an Italian subtitled screening copy of the film.
4b) for Italian films, a dialogue list or subtitles list (in .srt format) in English, or, if achieved, an English subtitled screening copy of the film.
Eventual press and promotional material.
All documents will remain festival property.
The programme will be structured in the following sections:
1) Grand Prix des Festivals, addressed, upon invitation, to all festival winners of the network of the IAMF (International Alliance for Mountain Film);
2) International competition “Montagnes du monde”, addressed only to NON ITALIAN films of any genre or lenght, having for subject mountain adventure, exploration, nature, environment, ethnography, culture and sport
3) “Montagne d’Italia” competition addressed only to ITALIAN films of any genre or lenght, having for subject mountain adventure, exploration, nature, environment, ethnography, culture and sport
4) CineMountain KIDS, addressed to films of any genre or length, for kids, having for subject mountain adventure, exploration, nature, environment, ethnography, culture and sport
5) Film Commission Vallée d’Aoste prize, addressed to films directed, produced and/or co-produced by Valle d’Aosta professionals.
Other possible sections will be decided and a public notice will be published.
Films in competition will be evaluated by an international jury organized by the festival direction. His decisions are incontestable.
There are no screening fees provided for films in competition.
All film selected will run for the following prizes:
1) Grand Prix des Festivals – Conseil de la Vallée, given to one of the festival winners of the network of the IAMF (International Alliance for Mountain Film);
2) C.A.I. (Club Alpino Italiano) award for the best film of alpinism, adventure and exploration;
3) SONY Prize for the film best photography;
4) Montagne d’Italia award for the best Italian film;
5) Montagne-tout-court for the best short film
6) Film Commission Vallée d’Aoste award, given to films directed, produced and co-produced by professional of the Valle d’Aosta.
7) Audience award.
Further special prizes, provided to the jury by organizations not involved with the Festival, will be distributed according to the organizations’ will.
All different prizes (in money and other) will depend on the budget of the festival and will be announced shortly before or during the event itself.
The Award ceremony will take place on the last night of the event, Saturday 10th of August. It will be open to the public and various representatives of the film industry and the media. Prizes may be collected during the ceremony or from the Festival office. The prizes may be sent to the winners at their charge.
Competitors agree to leave a copy of the film for the Festival archive. Competitors also agree to allow TV and festival web and social networks to broadcast shorts extracts of their film for festival promotion and communication (not more than 1 minute). Winners of prizes and special mentions allow the film to be part, without fee charge, of tour screenings, free entry, of Cervino CineMountain festival for promotion and cultural purposes.
The showing of works entered into the contest (and of other works) will occur in the order and program determined by the direction of the Festival, whose decisions are without appeal. Film-makers will be invited to introduce their movies on the day of their public showing.
The Festival takes in charge one person for each film in bed & breakfast for two days.
Winners, directors or producers, will also be guest at festival charge for the ceremony awards night.
When selected, Films and required documents must be sent to:
To the attention of Luca Bich (artistic director)
Cittadella dei Giovani
Via Garibaldi 7 – 11100 AOSTA (ITALY)
Mob: +39 329 9023342 – e.mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Although we commit ourselves to preserving and turning these materials over to qualified persons, the direction refuses all responsibility in case of loss or damage of the films. It is therefore suggested to insure your film.
Shipment of the material to the Festival is at the competitor’s expense.
Admission of the movies is subjected to all the norms and conditions as provided in this set of rules.